Mysterious things about today Last page

• lisa wrote on 8 Dec '04, 00:45 report
    I just smelled a fart but nobody is in the room and it wasn't me.

This thread's a ripper!
  • kevin wrote on 8 Dec '04, 00:47 report
    Can ghosts fart?
  • fallon wrote on 8 Dec '04, 00:49 report
    No, but in the book of The Exorcist the demon keeps making Reagan shit herself. At one point he says "Consecrate that, Merrin!"
  • hail_satan_bassist wrote on 8 Dec '04, 00:50 report
    i've thought of starting a thread like this before...

nothing too mysterious about today, except the fact that video shitty have toxie 3 but not the first one... that and a i saw the scary retard/drunk near the supermarket and he tried to walk at the same pace as me. and... i woke up at 11am.
  • prodigal sorcerer wrote on 8 Dec '04, 02:34 report
    When I was balancing the SuperChoice funds, Capital Secure and Capital Secure (Pension) were out by ~$200m each...... and the mysterious thing is that it wasn't my fault! egad! 'twas one of the most frustrating (coz I wasted so much time trying to find the source of the discrepancy) and satisfying (coz I had done everything right) PST balances I've done so far.

holy shit. another mysterious thing is that i forgot to fax the Fund prices through to this guy, and he is going to get shat and call tomorrow, but thanks to this thread I will now remember to fax them through in the morning, thus averting a crabby client.

excellent, thankyou thread.
  • lost octopus wrote on 8 Dec '04, 09:54 report
    there is a spot on the floor at Subway where if you stand there and throw a knife or a screwdriver at the boxes of chips it will imbed. nowhere else in the store works, everyone who tries can do it.
  • sleepycat wrote on 8 Dec '04, 11:00 report
    I got a wrong number private message that was not intended for me and told me things I was not meant to know. (*much amused*)
  • the_new_imorality wrote on 8 Dec '04, 11:04 report
    how curious!

Today I did a crossword that was too difficult on Saturday.
  • pang wrote on 8 Dec '04, 11:19 report
    I was going to start a "What can you smell?" the other day when I could smell Deep Heat. I had no idea where it was coming from but I also had no interest in sniffing out the source.

I've had to edit this twice. I should just give up.
  • sleepycat wrote on 8 Dec '04, 11:42 report
    I got a wrong number private message

clarification: an SMS

lisa, good on you for starting this thread, even if the first post was your typical bodily-function obsession at work. I have been procrastinating about starting a "weird things about today" for ages but have been too lazy. This should do.
  • bails wrote on 8 Dec '04, 12:06 report
    Argh, i'm so glad there is a thread about all this!!

I could smell nutella yesterday the whole time i was on the computer! We don't have nutella, we don't even have chocolate.

Weeiiirrd.
  • ~spreckenstein~ wrote on 8 Dec '04, 13:13 report
    a dream i had came true
    i wonder if i have magical powers
  • twat wrote on 8 Dec '04, 18:08 report
    There was a red car driving up the road as I was walking home last night. It turned around and drove back down, then turned around again and drove back up. As I got to the top of the road it had turned around and was driving back down again. I live at the end of a short dead end street at the top of this aforementioned road, and I thought I'd leave the red car behind when I turned into it, but it just drove down my street and back again. I was very glad to get inside. I'm also pleased I'm moving.
  • mud monkey wrote on 8 Dec '04, 20:36 report
    There was all this rank flotsam in the bottom of my tea. I didn't know what it was then I realised I used the dregs from my wheet bix cause I had ran out of milk
  • hail_satan_bassist wrote on 9 Dec '04, 14:34 report
    i woke up and saw all this red stuff and salt on the floor, i couldn't remember how it got there, or if anyone was drinking red goon.
  • andrew wrote on 9 Dec '04, 14:37 report
    beer is a mystery
  • hail_satan_bassist wrote on 9 Dec '04, 14:43 report
    aye
  • hail_satan_bassist wrote on 9 Dec '04, 14:50 report
    a mysterious bald patch has appeared on my head, i can't work out why i would bother to attempt to shave an inverted cross into my head in that state of drunkenness...
  • nina wrote on 9 Dec '04, 15:00 report
    my period is three weeks late. Now there's a mystery for ya.
  • bails wrote on 9 Dec '04, 17:16 report
    Uh oh....
  • the_new_imorality wrote on 9 Dec '04, 18:17 report
    I am in Devonport.

Its really strange.
  • pixel wrote on 9 Dec '04, 19:19 report
    It's not my party.

Stop telling me you've been invited to my party.

I would not write "have a happy summer" or similar salutations on the bottom of my invites.

I'm just not that kind of girl.
  • hail_satan_bassist wrote on 10 Dec '04, 04:05 report
    there are mysterious holes in the wall, mysteriously i was throwing beer bottles at someone last night but can't remember.
  • jaek wrote on 10 Dec '04, 04:28 report
    I had numerous dreams I was posting messages on the Dawrf and I kept making spelling mistakes. Just like trying to write this post whilst pissed. I should get some sleep again. Adios, ciao, bonjour.
  • lost octopus wrote on 10 Dec '04, 10:17 report
    last night the shitter overflowed. mysteriously it was not caused by flushed frangers, rather toilet paper. on a fucked note, it meant we didn't get out to see Ministry. or Damageplan either, for that matter.
  • dork wrote on 10 Dec '04, 13:09 report
    Haha.

I keep waking up to a really messy bedroom. It always seems to get messier during the night.
  • pang wrote on 10 Dec '04, 15:56 report
    Is there any chance I may have seen the mooseman today? Is there any chance there are other people in the world that look like the mooseman? Mystery.
  • dirty sanchez wrote on 10 Dec '04, 16:33 report
    Hmmm, it's the kind of thing the Mooseman would do, show up unexpected.
    I don't think he's been back to Hobart since he left a few years ago. I spoke to him recently and he said nothing about coming down, but it is Christmas and ex-pats like to keep a low profile.
  • dork wrote on 10 Dec '04, 16:35 report
    Do they? I hear they like to be cunts..breezing in and out of town talking about how "quaint" our little town is but how much better bands are elsewhere.
  • dirty sanchez wrote on 10 Dec '04, 16:39 report
    They also come down like Sailors, spreading the latest germs amongst Indie-cuntz.
  • dork wrote on 10 Dec '04, 16:41 report
    "I went to Melbourne and all I got was this STD and a paunch"
  • lisa wrote on 11 Dec '04, 16:40 report
    I got food and the little man said mysterious things that I could not comprehend.
  • prodigal sorcerer wrote on 13 Dec '04, 00:59 report
    -|Romance| is really going off the scale lately. I don't understand how people can ignore everything else that's going on, or could be going on. What is the middle ground like, does anyone know? I suspect the few people I know who are in the middle ground don't realise how lucky they are.
  • robert dolly dunn wrote on 13 Dec '04, 08:01 report
    what?
  • prodigal sorcerer wrote on 13 Dec '04, 10:56 report
    Sorry, I need a fvkking LiveJournal.

Move on.
  • pixel wrote on 13 Dec '04, 11:05 report
    I have a livejournal. I need a fuck.

muahaha.
  • the_new_imorality wrote on 13 Dec '04, 11:14 report
    -|Romance| is really going off the scale lately. I don't understand how people can ignore everything else that's going on, or could be going on. What is the middle ground like, does anyone know? I suspect the few people I know who are in the middle ground don't realise how lucky they are.

I have read this about a hundred times and I still dont understand.
  • digi-osirus wrote on 13 Dec '04, 11:32 report
    I think he may mean finding the balance between being in a relationship but also maintaining some of the aspects of your life you had before entering the relationship (I would say normality, but it's not the best word). Some people (me included at times) tend to put the blinkers on when in a relationship and not notice other things.

I could be completely wrong.
  • the_new_imorality wrote on 13 Dec '04, 11:35 report
    I hope I dont do that.

Maybe I do. Hmm
  • prodigal sorcerer wrote on 13 Dec '04, 11:36 report
    I have a livejournal. I need a fuck.

muahaha.
    lol
    The Fuckless Wonders: Free Membership And A Complimentary Annoying Friend Who's Getting Some.
    I'm responsible for the Accounting, Music and Wasted Erections.

-|Romance| is really going off the scale lately....
    I have read this about a hundred times and I still dont understand.
    Good.
  • ~spreckenstein~ wrote on 13 Dec '04, 11:41 report
    sex on livejournal? omgwtfbbq
  • digi-osirus wrote on 13 Dec '04, 11:53 report
    Spreckenstein is a lesbian seagull.
  • chent wrote on 13 Dec '04, 11:58 report
    Here's a spooky one from the early hours of Sunday morning... TRUE STORY.

I received a call at 4.10am.
    I went to turn on the light and I thought that I saw a person standing on my veranda.
    I switched on the light and it flickered violently and then blew.
    I picked up the phone in the dark.
    It was my Grandfather-in-law ringing to state that my Grandmother-in-law was having a stroke (and violently shaking too) and that my wife was needed immediately.
    I said OK and hung up.
    I looked out the window and I thought that I saw a person leaving my veranda.
    My wife left.
    I couldn't sleep.
    ...Grandmother-in-law survived.

Was she checking to see if we were coming?

EDIT: This is not her first stroke. She has been virtually unable to communicate (except for a few hand signals and nods) for a while.
  • prodigal sorcerer wrote on 13 Dec '04, 12:00 report
    sex on livejournal? omgwtfbbq
    wanna cyber?
  • the_new_imorality wrote on 13 Dec '04, 12:03 report
    Check to see if your VCR is still there first, then jump to conclusions.

Interesting chain of events however

Good to hear she is alright.
  • chent wrote on 13 Dec '04, 12:07 report
    All VCRs intact thanks. My dog sleeps under this window. There were no footsteps and my dog was sleeping there.
  • lost octopus wrote on 13 Dec '04, 14:16 report
    Good to hear she is alright.

er ...
  • gore slaughter wrote on 14 Dec '04, 00:27 report
    i was sitting at the computer and i got up to get a drink and i looked on my bed to find a cat lying there....the strange thing is that i dont own a cat and i dont have a window open in my room and my door is shut.....strange
  • digi-osirus wrote on 14 Dec '04, 00:30 report
    Translation: Gore slaughterer has pussy on his bed, and he doesn't know what to do about it.
  • gore slaughter wrote on 14 Dec '04, 11:59 report
    hahahahaha

touche
SHARE ON
FACEBOOK
SHARE ON
TWITTER
Use comma to separate email addresses
Or open in