Bring on the TEST Cricket Last page

• chent wrote on 6 Oct '04, 10:54 report
    BRING IT ON...

I'm knocking off work early today just to watch it... Thank god for Pay TV.

I'm tipping India 2-1 but I hope I'm wrong. I think without Ponting and the beach of a pitch will make the Aussie's go down fast in the first test.

Let's hope Gilly takes to them and that Clarke, Katich and Lehmann can help old Warnie out with tieing them down.

BRING IT ON...

EDIT: Test Cricket Rawks
  • hobbytim wrote on 6 Oct '04, 10:58 report
    india 3 - 0

They just play spin SO well on their home grounds. Warnie's (well, any decent leggie's) best weapon is the amazing amount of bounce legspin generates, but it won't happen on those bloody pitches...

Our batting will be ok-ish, but they will be declaring at 3 for 700!!!

And I hope I'm wrong too...
  • flip wrote on 6 Oct '04, 10:59 report
    That pitch is a bloody joke. I've seen bushwalking tracks that are better than that.

But bring on the cricket. Nothing excites me more that a test series.

Well almost nothing anyway.
  • captain funk wrote on 6 Oct '04, 11:16 report
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Oh man, I can't wait.
    Summertime, take the tv outside, put on the cricket, barbeque's, an esky full of beer and a paddling pool.

AND AND AND AND!
    A Terry Towelling Hat.
  • random poster wrote on 6 Oct '04, 11:33 report
    thanks for reminder CUunt. I am working from home today, so she'll be on.

I don't reckon Australia will win one. I reckon India will win one outright, with 2 draws.

right, gotta start the racism going - fucken curryeaters!

Test cricket is g l o r i o u s. will we ever see another one in Spakmania?
  • chent wrote on 6 Oct '04, 11:43 report
    Next year - apparently... I saw the 1995 and 1999 Paki tests at Bellerive.. Rippas.
  • random poster wrote on 6 Oct '04, 11:52 report
    Really? I had no idea. can you trust though? is it still scheduled to be in fucking rocktober? cause that's like useless for hobbit weather.

well if i'm still here, presumably I'll meet you there then CUunt. Along with my 2 other test cricket mateys from the north west.

pity one can't go the scoob on the hill anymore, mind you there's always a way.
  • lisa wrote on 6 Oct '04, 12:17 report
    I hate cricket. I hate fat ugly stupid "sportsmen" wearing unperveworthy clothing moveing in a way that makes them look like they either have insect problems or they are retards trying to play the violin with straight arms.

I hate it.

There is nothing good about cricket.

I hate it when something happens and they clap (GAY!)
    I hate it when nothing happens
    I hate the commentators and their dull voices
    I hate cricket culture, making people fat and stupid
    I hate the way it is such a celebration of anglophelia

I hate cricket. Cricket sux.
  • jerem wrote on 6 Oct '04, 12:22 report
    I used to hate it - now I'm really excited
  • the_coldest_day wrote on 6 Oct '04, 12:22 report
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Oh man, I can't wait.
    Summertime, take the tv outside, put on the cricket, barbeque's, an esky full of beer and a paddling pool.

AND AND AND AND!
    A Terry Towelling Hat.

Good Times!

(Except For The Beer)
  • the_coldest_day wrote on 6 Oct '04, 12:24 report
    I hate the commentators and their dull voices

If You've ever listened to the 12th man you can't call their voices dull...The Commentators make the game funny...
  • lisa wrote on 6 Oct '04, 12:29 report
    I've listened to the12th man and I don't think it is funny because I don't appreciate cricket.
  • captain funk wrote on 6 Oct '04, 12:44 report
    (Except For The Beer)

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!

You sir, are Un-Australian.
  • chent wrote on 6 Oct '04, 14:13 report
    1st Test Update...

Australia team:
      ML Hayden, JL Langer, SM Katich, DR Martyn, DS Lehmann,
      MJ Clarke, *+AC Gilchrist, SK Warne, JN Gillespie,
      MS Kasprowicz, GD McGrath.

India team:
      A Chopra, V Sehwag, R Dravid, VVS Laxman, *SC Ganguly,
      Yuvraj Singh, +PA Patel, IK Pathan, Z Khan, Harbhajan Singh,
      A Kumble.

Aussie won toss and batting

none for 5 with Langer almost out LBW first ball - should've been out - apparently
  • random poster wrote on 6 Oct '04, 14:17 report
    fuck the injuns are loud. sounds like a bunch of pigs at the slaughter there.
  • chent wrote on 6 Oct '04, 14:18 report
    Really? I had no idea. can you trust though? is it still scheduled to be in fucking rocktober? cause that's like useless for hobbit weather.

late 2005. It is not officially scheduled but Cricket Aust stated that because Tassie missed out this year like originally planned, it would secure a test next season. Reason being that due to the Ashes in 2005, Aust won't have any winter tests in Cairns and Darwin and as part of their expansion policy they must play one outside the traditional 5 test ground in a calendar year. I'm guessing Nov or Dec 2005.

well if i'm still here, presumably I'll meet you there then CUunt. Along with my 2 other test cricket mateys from the north west.

I'll be there with bells on. We should have Dwarfer section on the hill. I'm counting the days RP.

pity one can't go the scoob on the hill anymore, mind you there's always a way.

Yup. ...and NW Coasters can always roll the most dicrete ones too
  • random poster wrote on 6 Oct '04, 14:23 report
    those cunts aren't dwarfers, they're too hardcore for this crap.

but yeah i'll be there with my red cushion and they'll be there with their footy rugs. hopefully there'll be no fucken mud this time.

i love pay tv at times like this. fuck dem injuns are loud
  • chent wrote on 6 Oct '04, 14:27 report
    Confession: I originally purchased Austar for the 1999 World Cup Cricket on Fox Sports. I have kept it on purely for these kind of situations. Off home shortly to watch the match.
  • lost octopus wrote on 6 Oct '04, 14:50 report
    Straya will win. the Antipodean dominance of world cricket ain't over just yet ...
  • random poster wrote on 6 Oct '04, 15:04 report
    fuck I HATE border.
    he looks even more of a cunt without the mo
  • chent wrote on 7 Oct '04, 08:45 report
    Michael Clarke you are a legend... (or will be)
  • stuporman wrote on 7 Oct '04, 08:48 report
    Test cricket in India is great as we get to watch it after work and into the early evening.

I just wish I could get past India in Stick Cricket.
  • deep square leg wrote on 7 Oct '04, 08:51 report
    Tests in India are my favourite sporting events.

Also, one-day cricket shits me.
  • chent wrote on 7 Oct '04, 09:04 report
    I just wish I could get past India in Stick Cricket.

I haven't got passed them. Not that I have tried much. Uni assignment due in mid-next week then onto the stick cricket world championship.

Yes... This looks like a great Test Series... Getting home from work and watchin four hours of test cricket. Brilliant. Test Cricket in Aus should be played later in the day and under light for the same reason.

Agreed DSL... The more I watch, the more disinterested I become in One-Day Cricket. Harsha Bogle (I think that's how it is spelt) was commentating on the ABC last night. He likened one-day cricket to a soapie where you can't remember what happened two episodes ago, whereas Test Cricket is your block buster movie where the plot slowly unfolds and you can't wait for the sequel.
  • smithy wrote on 7 Oct '04, 10:16 report
    Harsha Bogle is a funny prick!

One day cricket takes it up the arse in a big way.

I fucking love to sit and watch a whole test though. One of the best things is my wife loves Test Cricket too, so on weekends, we potter about with the kids with the Test on and it's awesome.

It's even great on a road trip listening to it on the radio. Totally engrossing.

Here's the funny thing though......I reckon 1st class cricketers are wankers
  • deep square leg wrote on 7 Oct '04, 10:25 report
    Here's the funny thing though......I reckon 1st class cricketers are wankers
    I agree completely. I love cricket but I don't like cricketers. Isn't it Alanic?
  • chent wrote on 7 Oct '04, 10:41 report
    I fucking love to sit and watch a whole test though. One of the best things is my wife loves Test Cricket too, so on weekends, we potter about with the kids with the Test on and it's awesome.

Next time your up my way again smithy and the Test is on, you'll have to stop in. My wife is an avid cricket fan too, being a womens cricketer and girls coach herself.
  • bilby505 wrote on 7 Oct '04, 14:26 report
    Michael Clarke you are a legend... (or will be)
    ive know this for ages he will be the next australian captain
  • smithy wrote on 7 Oct '04, 15:14 report
    100 on debut for clarky! SENSATIONAL!!!!!!!
  • smithy wrote on 7 Oct '04, 15:16 report
    Going to a 50th at Sisters Beach in a few weeks Clayton. Don't think there's any cricket on though..........
  • deep square leg wrote on 7 Oct '04, 16:17 report
    100 on debut for clarky! SENSATIONAL!!!!!!!
    Who was the last Aussie to get 100 on test debut? I think Border got one and even carried his bat from opening, I believe. I think. I'll look it up.

But I think there have been a few since then.
  • flip wrote on 8 Oct '04, 09:21 report
    But what about our bowlers ??????

6 / 150. India are fucked.

This game will be over by the end of todays play.

Let the victory machine keep on rollin.
  • stuporman wrote on 8 Oct '04, 09:23 report

I have only one word for you... remember Calcutta.
  • tommo6 wrote on 8 Oct '04, 09:47 report
    Michael Clarkes innings was awesome. Australian cricket has to many batter friendsly pitches, they need more green tops. I'd rather watch a test match where a team was bowled out for 100 rather than a team getting 600+. Maybe australia is too good. The indian batsmen are awesome though pitty bout the first test.
  • hobbytim wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:01 report
    ok, ok, so I was wong

remember calcutta?.... oooohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

lisa, you really are stupid, aren't you?
  • flip wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:24 report

That's two words, and yes i remember. But fuck we bowled well, best display i have seen in years.
  • chent wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:25 report
    Who was the last Aussie to get 100 on test debut? I think Border got one and even carried his bat from opening, I believe. I think. I'll look it up.

But I think there have been a few since then.

Blewett.. Mark Waugh before him... (Clarkie is the first Aussie since Wessels to make a 150 on debut).

Ponting made 96 and Gilly made 81 on their debuts after Blewett. Clarke is the first one in nearly 10 years.

Clarke is only the second Aussie ever to score a 100 on debut outside of Australia. The last one was in the 1800's.
  • captain funk wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:37 report
    But Wessels really doesn't count for much, he got 150 on debut for Australia, not in his first test match.
    Unless I'm wrong, which I often am.

But now this begs the question.
    Who to drop when Ponting comes back into the side?
    My money's on Martyn. Or Katich. Depends on both their form in the second test.
  • flip wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:42 report
    Martyn has to go, i would not have him in my team, that's for sure.
  • chent wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:49 report
    But Wessels really doesn't count for much, he got 150 on debut for Australia, not in his first test match.
    Unless I'm wrong, which I often am.

Wessels started with Aus because South Africa was in exile. He finished his career with South Africa.

Stuart Law will become the second. He will play for England in 2 years. Mark my words!!!

The only other player to have done this Clayton Lambert who played with the West Indies in the early 90's and recently represented the USA in the Championship trophy (mind you... it was One-Day Cricket not the real game).
  • chent wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:53 report
    But now this begs the question.
    Who to drop when Ponting comes back into the side?
    My money's on Martyn. Or Katich. Depends on both their form in the second test.

I'd wait and see first. Clarke could get 0, 0 and 0 in the next three innings and he has sealed his own fate. Unless he gets another good score in the 2nd test the selectors will drop him. Just because you do well does not secure you a spot. Martin Love made 100 and was the dropped, never to appear again. Same thing happened to Katich... made 70-odd and then dropped. The selectors seem to pick on continuous form not the last performance. Why do you think Steve Waugh hung on so long... Mark Taylor should've been dropped 10 tests before he left but ended up making 334 not out.
  • captain funk wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:54 report
    USA in the ICC Champions Trophy.
    What a joke. If I were in that team I would've looked at the pool the US were in and gone, "No, fuck it, it's not bloody worth it".

POOL A - ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY 2004
    1. Australia
    2. New Zealand
    3. USA
  • flip wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:54 report
    Didn't even know that Stuart Law was still playing.
  • captain funk wrote on 8 Oct '04, 10:55 report
    Stuart Law will become the second. He will play for England in 2 years. Mark my words!!!

The white Zimbabwean rebels have a show in that too.
  • chent wrote on 8 Oct '04, 11:11 report
    Didn't even know that Stuart Law was still playing.

Stuart Law married a Brittish bird and recently moved to England (playing County cricket there). They have more relaxed citizenship laws in the UK. He can become an English citizen after living in the UK for 2 years. This with then make him eligible to play for England.

This is what Graeme Hick did. He was Zimbabwean but they did not have a test side then.

The white Zimbabwean rebels have a show in that too.

But in Aust they have to be an Aussie citizen and have lived here for, I think, four years.

They have a shot but Stuart Law will beat them to it. That's if he wants to.

P.S. Andrew Symonds could've played for England too due to his father being born there. He chose to play for us. Funny thing is that at the age of 18 he was asked by the ECB to play and he said no then. He could've played 60 tests or more by now.
  • captain funk wrote on 8 Oct '04, 11:16 report
    Fucken Hollioake traders.
  • chent wrote on 8 Oct '04, 11:28 report
    Fucken Hollioake traders.

If you mean traitors then I agree. I remember on the second last Ashes tour when there was only two England-born players in a test (and I think that they were Gough and Stewart).

eg.
    Caddick - NZ
    McCague - Aust
    Hollioake bros - Aust
    Tudor and Malcolm - WI
    Hick - Zimbabwe
    Hussain - India
    Butcher - can't remember but it was some outback hick country

etc...
  • stuporman wrote on 8 Oct '04, 12:14 report

That's two words...
    Not a fan of Kath and Kim?

Dirk Wellham's century in the 1981 6th Ashes test didn't gain him an automatic spot in the home series against the Pakis, with Greg Chappell coming back into the side as captain.

Let's hope that Clarke has a better run at it than Wellham.
  • tommo6 wrote on 8 Oct '04, 13:54 report
    What do u guys think the selectors do when ponting comes back, i mean i guess clarke has to go. I personally wreckon we should get rid of langer i don't know why i just don't like him. Gilchrist could open, then again so could katicth. Greatest cricketer ever i wreckon BOONIE too, remember his 52 cans on the way to london. That is legendary status i wreckon. He did score 20 centruries too. Ganguly too has a wicked atitude i love it how he tries to piss us aussies off. Did u hear he left a press confrence halfway through, he just got up and left.

On another note what do u guys think of tassies chances with blignaut and bevan. I personally wish we had a local born team. I think we have a good chance, we need dighton and divenuto firing. Our bowling attack is week but grifith and wrighty are still there. I love the cricket season, should be some fun this year.
  • flip wrote on 8 Oct '04, 14:00 report
    They won't drop Clarke. Katich will go when Ponting comes back, Damien Martyns position will be the one up for grabs i reckon. And no way will they drop Langer. This is the best opening pair we have had since Marsh and Taylor.
SHARE ON
FACEBOOK
SHARE ON
TWITTER
Use comma to separate email addresses
Or open in