Fe Fi Fo Fum, I Smell the Blood of a Rocker!

• lisa wrote on 16 Oct '12, 01:11 report
    This is a topic about what people smell like!

Some boys smell like a plate of corn chips left in a hot car parked in the sun for a week.

Some boys smell like they regularly rub sausage rolls into all their furry parts and crevices.

The stinkiest people I ever met, though, we're some of the teenage girls at my high school. Their smoking must have desensitised their own noses to the fact that it was really obviously pungently smelly whenever they had their periods. That hot fishy rank stench of iron and mucus seasoned with cheap deodorant, stale cigarette smoke and aerosol hairspray.

Have you met anyone who smells like particular things?

I have been told by two people that I smell like a robot, but that doesn't make much sense to me.
  • liam constable wrote on 16 Oct '12, 02:18 report

I have been told by two people that I smell like a robot, but that doesn't make much sense to me.
    1ryr7mip]
    Maybe it's the "stench of iron"?

I've known at least a couple of people who smelt like fermented urine, on account of letting their cats piss everywhere in the house. One dude had an added shit factor on account of having cat shit everywhere, including the kitchen bench, left for fuck-knows-how-many-months. That was too much even for me!
  • lisa wrote on 16 Oct '12, 09:32 report
    Cat poo and wee would have to be the most disgusting smells I can think of. Particularly because they are so common and lasting. I knew a cat poo house too. The cats and kittens were crawling around everywhere, shitting and pissing and breeding all over the show.

"Stench of iron" would explain my robot smell except that I very rarely have any periods and when I do they're mega light, so I reckon it might be something else, like perhaps something I eat a lot altering the smell of my sweat or something. Some people have 'turnip sweat'
  • birdman wrote on 16 Oct '12, 11:44 report
    i hear some ppl are interested in what steve albini smells like and are intending to find out this sunday!
  • birdman wrote on 16 Oct '12, 11:57 report
    "Stench of iron" would explain my robot smell 3tnehgg5]

probably unrelated but i've got a mate who has this - can be dangerous if untreated

• lisa wrote on 16 Oct '12, 17:27 report
    yeah that's an interesting thing! My GP suspected that I might have it some years ago but it turns out I don't. I definitely have a high iron content though.
SHARE ON
FACEBOOK
SHARE ON
TWITTER
Use comma to separate email addresses
Or open in