HOBART GIG WARFARE Last page

• super-maths wrote on 1 Sep '12, 19:51 report
    My band Ben Wells & the Middle Names have copped a lot of shit all over this pathetic forum. Seems everyone's swigging on the Haterade, but it makes us laugh so goddamn much.

Given some recent comments about us, I think it's high-time some of our detractors put their money where their mouth is and hereby challenge the Native Cats to a busk off.

Salamanca Strip, Saturday October 27, 9am until 3pm. Cash counting at 3.05pm.
  • liam constable wrote on 1 Sep '12, 20:33 report

Given some recent comments about us, I think it's high-time some of our detractors put their money where their mouth is and hereby challenge the Native Cats to a busk off.
    18orep8y]

You think your detractors should challenge the NC's to a busk off?
  • kieranhelen wrote on 1 Sep '12, 21:08 report
    music ain't a sport
  • liam constable wrote on 1 Sep '12, 23:20 report
    music ain't a sport1bdca9k3]

But then, how do you win?
  • lisa wrote on 2 Sep '12, 03:04 report
    I don't actually even know who Ben Wells etc are. Do you guys play at the Republic?
  • gutter. wrote on 2 Sep '12, 12:15 report
    Is that you Chris Morey?
  • dumbcharger wrote on 2 Sep '12, 19:35 report
    There is no way at all that this challenge post could ever come back as a cause of embarrassment in the future.

I really hope its a real thing.
  • steve buscemi wrote on 2 Sep '12, 21:40 report
    What have the Native Cats got to do with any of it?!?!
  • steve buscemi wrote on 2 Sep '12, 21:41 report
    My BAND "NAKED" have been copping a bit of flack and it makes me laff my arse off I hebery challenge Pearly Whites to a GIG OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• steve buscemi wrote on 2 Sep '12, 21:45 report
    na, I'm telling ya, you guys were filfy fucking sick, filf!!
  • steve buscemi wrote on 2 Sep '12, 21:47 report
    Hey dumbcharger I challenge you to a drink off
  • steve buscemi wrote on 2 Sep '12, 21:51 report
    Alex Bennetts YEAH MAN, can't believe the Leaders Of The Indie Scene, the Native Cats themselves have been summoned! Will they accept? Will they busk for the good of The Scene?
    about a minute ago · Like · 1
  • steve buscemi wrote on 2 Sep '12, 21:58 report
    Based on the "7 Degrees of Jordan Marson" image construction and circulated by yours truly there are 5 steps between these foes.

For those interested it runs like this:
    Ben Wells and the Middle Nameskf6hwe07] -> (via Hannah) Chris Burrows Enterprise -> (via Ethan) Phat Meegz -> (via Sam) Naked -> (via Jordy) Viva Computer -> (via Pete) The Native Cats! kf6hwe07]

Anyone that can propose an alternate/quicker link would be great to see it!!
  • dr_funkenstein wrote on 2 Sep '12, 22:57 report
    Ben Wells -> (via Julian) The Native Cats.

oooh errrr!
  • steve buscemi wrote on 2 Sep '12, 23:01 report
    that's silly jordy
  • dr_funkenstein wrote on 2 Sep '12, 23:04 report
    Just sayin'.
  • super-maths wrote on 2 Sep '12, 23:20 report
    paging the Native Cats...
  • super-maths wrote on 2 Sep '12, 23:20 report
    [img:2n5sqr7z]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zxKVzMERxnk/TcqrWqRxlSI/AAAAAAAAB4k/P2-R5cpHDfQ/s320/tumbleweed.jpg[/img:2n5sqr7z]
  • jorl wrote on 3 Sep '12, 00:42 report
    [img:1gmsuua7]http://cache.betting.betfair.com/poker/onfire.png[/img:1gmsuua7]
  • jorl wrote on 3 Sep '12, 00:43 report
    [img:10tgp8uv]http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/NBA_Jam.jpg[/img:10tgp8uv]
  • jorl wrote on 3 Sep '12, 00:44 report
    [img:2x4hlzz8]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QXZH40ky6Bk/UBVfx0X7MDI/AAAAAAAAApY/FSt3JyP3bxY/s1600/man-on-fire.jpg[/img:2x4hlzz8]
  • jdt wrote on 3 Sep '12, 00:56 report
    fucken stepford indie.
  • nomad wrote on 4 Sep '12, 01:59 report
    My band Ben Wells & the Middle Names have copped a lot of shit all over this pathetic forum.dswaok3r]
    Dude, when you do stuff, some people aren't going to like it. Deal with it. Move on. For example, I find what you do particularly turgid and boring. Do I care what you think of that opinion? No.

Given some recent comments about usdswaok3r]
    Examples?

What have the Native Cats got to do with any of it?!?!dswaok3r]
    This.
  • birdman wrote on 4 Sep '12, 14:37 report
    My band Ben Wells & the Middle Names have copped a lot of shit all over this pathetic forum.26lo2g33]
    Dude, when you do stuff, some people aren't going to like it. Deal with it. Move on. For example, I find what you do particularly turgid and boring. Do I care what you think of that opinion? No.26lo2g33]

dude, i'm pretty sure s-m isn't really in bw&tmn but would totally agree with your righteousness if he/she was
  • drayconas wrote on 5 Sep '12, 01:15 report
    Best thread on the Dwarf in so long, it really takes me back actually...

Btw, is this really someone from "Ben Wells..."?

If so - well:
    1) It's not a "pathetic forum", except in regards to how many people use it compared to say, 8 years ago and
    2) If people bag you out, it's either for good reason or spite/childishness/tall poppy syndrome/personal amusement/whatever, and if it's the first one and they're making good points, then actually take it on board, because no band is perfect - and local bands that take themselves and their future seriously need to at least consider most of the advice that gets thrown at them, and if it's one of the latter options, then just don't worry about it, because it's not worth your time.

Or just come make super entertaining threads, I don't mind haha

Oh and:

You think your detractors should challenge the NC's to a busk off?qw9wyi6k]
    Nice, hahaha
  • anon wrote on 5 Sep '12, 01:35 report
    I challenge all self-proclaimed bands to untie Toby's fishing line.
  • jdt wrote on 5 Sep '12, 15:05 report
    CHICKENFEED GORDIAN KNOT!
  • damo11 wrote on 5 Sep '12, 22:58 report
    Best thread on the Dwarf in so long, it really takes me back actually...
    z0edylu2]

This.

Oh, and Ben Wells are shit.
  • pappy_numlock wrote on 5 Sep '12, 23:29 report
    Meltdown thread.

Reminds me of Numlocks. Good times.
  • anon wrote on 6 Sep '12, 11:49 report
    CHICKENFEED GORDIAN KNOT!26ip2rv2]
    I think that's just Natasha's bait mate.
  • fallon wrote on 8 Sep '12, 00:45 report
    This is a true story and I'm not making it up. One time I was at the Republic (not somewhere I often visit) and I went into the toilets, and Ben Wells and some other guy were playing "who can piss the highest" at the urinal. Ben's mate turned a little too sharply and his pee stream went haywire, and hit the mirror. Ben Wells proceeded to lick it off the mirror. Not kidding at all. I bet you think I am.
  • birdman wrote on 8 Sep '12, 00:53 report
    ^^
    gold
  • lisa wrote on 8 Sep '12, 02:49 report
    Huhhh?! That is seriously disgusting. Was he drunk? Was he just pretending?

I hope he was just pretending.
  • super-maths wrote on 8 Sep '12, 04:11 report
    This is a true story and I'm not making it up. One time I was at the Republic (not somewhere I often visit) and I went into the toilets, and Ben Wells and some other guy were playing "who can piss the highest" at the urinal. Ben's mate turned a little too sharply and his pee stream went haywire, and hit the mirror. Ben Wells proceeded to lick it off the mirror. Not kidding at all. I bet you think I am.1k8m9iga]
    It's funny that the forum locals would go to such hilarious lengths to discredit local musos, hahahahahahahaha. pure bs. Jarrod from our band did have a few issues at the urinal, but it was not to do with net trolls, so..... make of that bullshit what you like. And please, the fans reading this, get to our Wednesday night show @ the Zoo! That's right, in BRISBANE.
  • pappy_numlock wrote on 8 Sep '12, 16:28 report
    Lol.
  • super-maths wrote on 8 Sep '12, 20:56 report

1y7awndo]

You think your detractors should challenge the NC's to a busk off?1y7awndo]

lol after the indie rock revolution pedants will be the first against the wall.
  • super-maths wrote on 8 Sep '12, 21:13 report

Given some recent comments about us37703abc]
    Examples?

37703abc]

Well who else is there?37703abc]
    Ben Wells37703abc]

Found out today via Facebook that it's Ben Wells' birthday today! Happy Birthday Ben! Your sweet tunes make me so happy lol!37703abc]

Adam Cousens Band- vanilla 'indie' from former local lads - surprsied Ben Wells and the boring batshits aren't on the bill as well37703abc]

as in dane hunnerup? as in ben wells?37703abc]

Ben Wells' personal website is probinlovesboys.com/… according to fbook.37703abc]

So did Tiger Choir get the Wild Card or were they playing at the Falls Village anyways?37703abc]

I heard Ben Wells and the Middle Names got through as the wild card band.37703abc]

Ben who?37703abc]

hahaha.37703abc]

maybe Ben Wells needs a new collaborator? The sound of white bread just got a little louder in Hobart.37703abc]

I heard some Ben Wells today. Couldn't fucking bear it so i killed an animal and fucked it to feel better.37703abc]

Jesus christ who the fuck is Madison Smith and who the fuck is Ben Wells and who the fuck gives a shit either way.

Although that "Probably, but not personally" story becomes funny and bizarre if you imagine it's about P. Escott rather than some bonehead.37703abc]

...so if Ben Wells gets in, we know it's just to sell the beers. Sorted!37703abc]

They knew that Ben Wells would probably win the playoff so to be safe they just offered it to The Native Cats so everybody would feel good37703abc]

This looks AWESOME! I've been keen to check out Ben Wells and The Middle Names for a while now. No excuses now!37703abc]

No. Just no.37703abc]
  • lisa wrote on 8 Sep '12, 21:28 report
    This is a true story and I'm not making it up. One time I was at the Republic (not somewhere I often visit) and I went into the toilets, and Ben Wells and some other guy were playing "who can piss the highest" at the urinal. Ben's mate turned a little too sharply and his pee stream went haywire, and hit the mirror. Ben Wells proceeded to lick it off the mirror. Not kidding at all. I bet you think I am.1cbu59uo]
    It's funny that the forum locals would go to such hilarious lengths to discredit local musos, hahahahahahahaha. pure bs. Jarrod from our band did have a few issues at the urinal, but it was not to do with net trolls, so..... make of that bullshit what you like. And please, the fans reading this, get to our Wednesday night show @ the Zoo! That's right, in BRISBANE.1cbu59uo]

Hehehe! Wow!

This is like that time someone posted that they get "regular sex, on tap, from a woman"
  • green333 wrote on 9 Sep '12, 00:19 report
    Super Maths thumbs up and Mr Fallon....the dwarf ain't dead yet....
  • dumbcharger wrote on 9 Sep '12, 16:11 report
    maybe Ben Wells needs a new collaborator? The sound of white bread just got a little louder in Hobart.35ezvnn3] I heard some Ben Wells today. Couldn't fucking bear it so i killed an animal and fucked it to feel better.35ezvnn3]

This one is pretty good.
  • birdman wrote on 10 Sep '12, 10:51 report
    maybe Ben Wells needs a new collaborator? The sound of white bread just got a little louder in Hobart.1g68i4le] I heard some Ben Wells today. Couldn't fucking bear it so i killed an animal and fucked it to feel better.1g68i4le]

This one is pretty good.1g68i4le]

yeah, i heard it's ben's fav too
  • crimsonidol wrote on 11 Sep '12, 13:18 report
    This is a true story and I'm not making it up. One time I was at the Republic (not somewhere I often visit) and I went into the toilets, and Ben Wells and some other guy were playing "who can piss the highest" at the urinal. Ben's mate turned a little too sharply and his pee stream went haywire, and hit the mirror. Ben Wells proceeded to lick it off the mirror. Not kidding at all. I bet you think I am.1ok7g2v5]
    It's funny that the forum locals would go to such hilarious lengths to discredit local musos, hahahahahahahaha. pure bs. Jarrod from our band did have a few issues at the urinal, but it was not to do with net trolls, so..... make of that bullshit what you like. And please, the fans reading this, get to our Wednesday night show @ the Zoo! That's right, in BRISBANE.1ok7g2v5]

Haha this fucking rules. WOA BRISBANE!! That's SO COOL!
  • dumbcharger wrote on 11 Sep '12, 15:52 report
    This is a true story and I'm not making it up. One time I was at the Republic (not somewhere I often visit) and I went into the toilets, and Ben Wells and some other guy were playing "who can piss the highest" at the urinal. Ben's mate turned a little too sharply and his pee stream went haywire, and hit the mirror. Ben Wells proceeded to lick it off the mirror. Not kidding at all. I bet you think I am.2h0lmqgj]
    It's funny that the forum locals would go to such hilarious lengths to discredit local musos, hahahahahahahaha. pure bs. Jarrod from our band did have a few issues at the urinal, but it was not to do with net trolls, so..... make of that bullshit what you like. And please, the fans reading this, get to our Wednesday night show @ the Zoo! That's right, in BRISBANE.2h0lmqgj]

Haha this fucking rules. WOA BRISBANE!! That's SO COOL!2h0lmqgj]

It kinda ruined it for me by killing any possibility that the super-maths was acutally a member of BWATMN.
  • damo11 wrote on 11 Sep '12, 17:19 report
    This is a true story and I'm not making it up. One time I was at the Republic (not somewhere I often visit) and I went into the toilets, and Ben Wells and some other guy were playing "who can piss the highest" at the urinal. Ben's mate turned a little too sharply and his pee stream went haywire, and hit the mirror. Ben Wells proceeded to lick it off the mirror. Not kidding at all. I bet you think I am.rg8lrg9d]
    It's funny that the forum locals would go to such hilarious lengths to discredit local musos, hahahahahahahaha. pure bs. Jarrod from our band did have a few issues at the urinal, but it was not to do with net trolls, so..... make of that bullshit what you like. And please, the fans reading this, get to our Wednesday night show @ the Zoo! That's right, in BRISBANE.rg8lrg9d]

Haha this fucking rules. WOA BRISBANE!! That's SO COOL!rg8lrg9d]

It kinda ruined it for me by killing any possibility that the super-maths was acutally a member of BWATMN.rg8lrg9d]Or are they....
  • birdman wrote on 11 Sep '12, 18:57 report
    dude, i'm pretty sure s-m isn't really in bw&tmn3tiniw61]

It kinda ruined it for me by killing any possibility that the super-maths was acutally a member of BWATMN.3tiniw61]

doh!
  • psywise wrote on 12 Sep '12, 01:57 report
    Having spent some time sleeping in the vicinity of super-maths, I can confirm he is indeed a middle name.
  • gutter. wrote on 14 Sep '12, 12:30 report
    SMALL BLACK LAMBS challenge Benny and co to write a better song than this ... youtube.com/… .... and they can use as many chords as they want.
  • super-maths wrote on 15 Sep '12, 04:08 report
    unless you can come up with a 'battle song' yrself, read this and weep:
  • gutter. wrote on 15 Sep '12, 14:37 report
    Every single black lambs recording is a battle song.
  • dumbcharger wrote on 17 Sep '12, 12:27 report
    dude, i'm pretty sure s-m isn't really in bw&tmn2tp4g6gq]

It kinda ruined it for me by killing any possibility that the super-maths was acutally a member of BWATMN.2tp4g6gq]

doh!2tp4g6gq]

Perhaps I should have specified that it 'well and truly' killed any possibility. 'Pretty sure' isn't 'definitely not a member' y'know. I was holding onto a very faint glimmer of hope that it just might be for realz. *sob*
SHARE ON
FACEBOOK
SHARE ON
TWITTER
Use comma to separate email addresses
Or open in