Black Sabbath Says They Want To Tour Australia

• tysonschubert1 wrote on 17 Nov '11, 15:17 report
    The original Black Sabbath are making a new album and shows next year may include Australia.

Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward made the announcement at a press conference held at the Whiskey A Go Go on Sunset Strip in Los Angeles last week.

Triple M music reporter Renee Peterson was there and asked the legendary British rock band whether they'd be coming down under.

"It would be nice to put that on the schedule," they said. "It's been a long time since the original band was in Australia, so I think it's a must.

"We want to play some strong music for the Australian fans."

Will you see Black Sabbath if they toured Australia?

Full Story... triplem.com.au/adelaide/… ... -ezj8.html
  • fallon wrote on 17 Nov '11, 18:39 report
    It's so strange that they're calling this a "reunion". After reforming in 96, they never really broke up again!
  • birdman wrote on 18 Nov '11, 09:19 report
    is touber working on getting the sabs down for msfest?
  • crimsonidol wrote on 18 Nov '11, 10:36 report
    I was much more excited when the Tony Martin rumour was going around. I don't want to see some quivering old man holding onto the mic stand for dear life trying to mumble his way through the classics.
  • birdman wrote on 18 Nov '11, 10:46 report
    I was much more excited when the Tony Martin rumour was going around. I don't want to see some quivering old man holding onto the mic stand for dear life trying to mumble his way through the classics.

show some respect, brother

yes, ozzie is more or less shot but these four guys are possibly the greatest band ever

as for tony martin, well you know what i think about the sabs' 'black purple' period - excretable
  • crimsonidol wrote on 18 Nov '11, 10:58 report
    yeah well the songs they did for their last "reunion" with ozzy were laughable compared to what was done a few years earlier with gillan, dio and martin.
  • birdman wrote on 18 Nov '11, 11:25 report
    maybs

on the issue of a new record, i'm a bit like fallon (and venom) - excited by the possibility of new material but dread that it could be embarassingly bad

actually new venom is far more likely to be decent than new sabs
  • crimsonidol wrote on 18 Nov '11, 11:47 report
    Just listen to Orchid and pretend it's Black Sabbath's new album. It's not a far leap of the imagination and closer to what everyone is hoping for than what BS will do:
  • birdman wrote on 18 Nov '11, 12:21 report
    nice

could hear a bit of early buffalo and quartz in there as well as the obvious sabs influence
  • fallon wrote on 18 Nov '11, 16:46 report
    I seriously think giving Tony Martin another go is the best way to follow Heaven And Hell.

You gotta remember, in the years before Dio got a resurgence of interest, he was considered about the single most embarrassing relic of 80s metal, and everyone who wasn't directly in love with his Sabbath records had pretty much half-remembered and mis-remembered his tenure with the band as "that shit bloke that came after Ozzy". Which is of course bizarre considering how wet and uninspired the original four were towards the end of their first run, and how re-invigorated EVERYBODY involved sounds on the Dio records, but popular history's a funny thing.

I'd be willing to bet Tony would get a similar response if he came back. People would be reminded that he's more than just "One of those hired guns in Faux-Black Sabbath". Not on the scale as Ronnie obviously because he's not quite as historically significant, but there's a hell of a lot of good material there. Even Tyr has got Jerusalem on it.

I know Ozzy's an icon, and yeah there's times on the early records where you can't imagine anyone else singing them (and yeah the Ozzy-era tracks on "Live Evil" are a bit of a worry) but at this point in time he's about the least necessary member of the band. If Ronnie's not going to burst forth from the Earth and do another tour, Tony's the man for the job.

Also, speaking of Venom, their latest drummer Dante is Danny Needham, formerly of the Tony Martin Band (who did their own cover of Jerusalem, incidentally). Connections!
  • birdman wrote on 13 Jan '12, 09:08 report
    Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi diagnosed with lymphoma

bummer

• fallon wrote on 13 Jan '12, 14:04 report
    The title of this thread is grammatically offensive.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 17 Jan '12, 10:39 report
    TysonSchubert1 doesn't listen to what the haters says
  • andrew wrote on 17 Jan '12, 13:24 report
    no one who uses the term 'haters' should be allowed to listen to Sabbath anyway.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 21 Feb '12, 10:47 report
    Black Sabbath tour has turned into "Ozzy and Friends" instead since Iommi can't play 'cause he's got cancer and Bill Ward thinks his contract is bullshit. Replacing Iommi will be Slash AND Zakk Wylde HAHA! FUCK THAT!

• fallon wrote on 21 Feb '12, 11:04 report
    It's funny that the so-called "classic lineup" is probably the least stable in Black Sabbath's long history of lineups.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 21 Feb '12, 11:48 report
    I thought this was a pretty good call in the comments section:

The announcement that 'Ozzy and Friends' will be playing second on the bill to a puppet show can only be days away.
  • fallon wrote on 21 Feb '12, 12:01 report
    The thing I don't get, right, is that basically all Ozzy Osbourne shows from like, the last 20 years have been "Ozzy and Friends", more or less.

Surely "Ozzy And Friends" isn't thought to be a MORE marketable title than Ozzy Osbourne?
  • warp wrote on 21 Feb '12, 16:33 report
    Surely "Ozzy And Friends" isn't thought to be a MORE marketable title than Ozzy Osbourne?

I wouldn't have thought so. It sounds like something ABC1 would put on around 3:30 in the afternoon.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 21 Feb '12, 17:56 report

I wouldn't have thought so. It sounds like something ABC1 would put on around 3:30 in the afternoon.
    I don't know if they could sell that either, conjures up ideas of some big colourful puppet filled kid show where he's got all these imaginary friends and he invites the kids in to share his experiences and stories in his fantasy land, only it's Ozzy Osbourne so the whole thing has this drug abuse and hallucination subtext. Mind you that's kinda what I get from those kid shows anyway
  • fallon wrote on 21 Feb '12, 19:03 report
    Has Ozzy ever been on Sesame Street? I feel like he should be.
  • fallon wrote on 21 Feb '12, 19:04 report
    You know, like singing a duet with Kermit about picking up your toys when you're done playing with them or something.
  • birdman wrote on 1 Nov '12, 09:03 report

looks like it's finally happening in 2013.

maybe worth moving topic to the music forum?
SHARE ON
FACEBOOK
SHARE ON
TWITTER
Use comma to separate email addresses
Or open in