ideaffifs Richeshooks ValaOxinuicax Omiplehoohedo

• crimsonidol wrote on 12 May '11, 12:32 report
    ielsom exusus xvbspr qsjpra louisvuittonlvshoponline.com vxgpnp ncupgi ixxifb ntyznv discountlv-louisvuitton.com jhocri bwcrbw nscxmw vclenc cheaplvbags-onsale.com
  • perko wrote on 12 May '11, 21:59 report
    I also like the way it manages games that come from certain companies *cough* DICE and Treyarch *cough* that get (need) regular patches to make them work. Given that the built in patchers are total shite, Steam makes them much less irritating.

I also like that it has a similar memory/resource stamp that it had 5 or 6 years ago, so it becomes less intrusive as hardware and operating systems improve. Good business move there IMO.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 13 May '11, 11:28 report
    Yeah one of the things that has really shat me off about pc gaming in the last 10 years has been the amount of effort you often need to go to just to play. I like how steam just does it's thing in the background and when it's done you can play it. No updating needed, it's all up to date, just play.
  • blinkme wrote on 21 May '11, 17:53 report
    Though I've noticed that steam sells some games way above the price you can buy in stores here. Ie Arkham aslyum
  • crimsonidol wrote on 22 May '11, 19:37 report
    $30 for the GOTY. How much is it in stores?
  • blinkme wrote on 23 May '11, 00:14 report
    $18 i think?
  • crimsonidol wrote on 23 May '11, 10:02 report
    Ah yeah just had a look, seems like it's made it to those budget game boxes. Sure in this instance it's cheaper in store but I mean $30 is still not unreasonable for a game that's less than 2 years old (and I think the GOTY was only released about this time last year).

Compared with say XBL where Beautiful Katamari, a game I've had my eye on which was originally released with a price tag of $70 RRP about 3 and a half years ago, is STILL $70 on XBL today. I'll also note that if you have an American account it's $20 for the same damn download:
    Australian XBL page
    American XBL page
  • saturn wrote on 23 May '11, 18:18 report
    I have seen Batman GOTY for $7.50 on steam on two occasions. May you should wait until mid year madness (I think that's what they call the sale.)
  • saturn wrote on 1 Jul '11, 08:09 report
    Massive sale on Steam now.
  • rogue sharks wrote on 1 Jul '11, 09:37 report
    Though I've noticed that steam sells some games way above the price you can buy in stores here. Ie Arkham aslyum

Just get the Steam code from somewhere like G2Play where they are usually cheaper and D/L the game through Steam

I did that to get the uncensored version of Left 4 Dead 2. Only cost me $30 and the censored one was $70 on Steam.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 10 Jul '11, 15:27 report
    they got some great deals on at the moment, shitloads of them, ends tonight though I think
  • andrew wrote on 10 Jul '11, 15:38 report
    broke as an arsehole but Left 4 Dead'll see you through. I just got that set-fire-to-a-Tank and killed the prick without it touching anyone achievement, fuck yeah.
  • andrew wrote on 24 Aug '11, 11:21 report
    So - left 4 dead 2.

I'm having an issue - it sort of stutters a bit, BUT the big thing is it gets to the end sequence of a campaign and stutters resoundingly then crashes. So I don't get the achievments, boo hoo.

any ideas?
  • perko wrote on 24 Aug '11, 20:17 report

Have a look there for starters.
  • andrew wrote on 25 Aug '11, 07:56 report
    cheers tiger!
  • saturn wrote on 20 Dec '11, 14:37 report
    Massive sale on now. Portal 2 for $7.49.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 20 Dec '11, 16:26 report
    ah fuck yeah, been meaning to get that.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 27 Nov '12, 12:49 report
    Steam Sales are on. Civ 5 and it's expansion 75% off, Witcher 2 for $7.50. I highly endorse both. Been playing the expansion to civ, much better than without I think.

If you keep an eye on it they have these short flash sales that have some real good specials on 'em.
  • glen20 wrote on 28 Nov '12, 14:44 report
    i refused to buy the civ 5 upgrade for $60! ill buy it for $10...
  • perko wrote on 29 Nov '12, 11:27 report
    Steam Sales are on. Civ 5 and it's expansion 75% off, Witcher 2 for $7.50. I highly endorse both. Been playing the expansion to civ, much better than without I think.16tdbj9y]

Is the AI better/different with the expansion? I found it very linear and boring when it first came out.
  • crimsonidol wrote on 30 Nov '12, 13:26 report
    Yeah it's definitely better, more fun to play against. You can actually form some kind of functional alliances this time around. And the spies are kinda cool, especially in regards to city states. And religion of course. It's all around been messed with a fair bit, combat has been changed a fair bit too, generally fights last a few turns this time around, and hit points are up in the hundreds instead of single/early double digits, which makes a fair difference when you are only marginally better/worse than your opposition.
SHARE ON
FACEBOOK
SHARE ON
TWITTER
Use comma to separate email addresses
Or open in