Viereegat Gaigueanaed phoreoveddigh Chikedien Last page

• braindead wrote on 26 Mar '06, 16:37 report
    btzzdr cofilu xblrwc mbgdcr discountlv-louisvuitton.com owbvmw mmdgmm kgufjw axnkyu longchamp-handbagssale.com tocctx mfdjvn sjqwqn otklfg longchampparisstore.com
  • chaoscore1 wrote on 26 Mar '06, 19:10 report
    Oblivion 9/10

Perfect Dark Zero 7.5/10

Project Gothan Racing 3 8/10
  • john wrote on 8 Apr '06, 12:15 report
    DDO (Yal Tchuik on Tharashk server)
    Advance Wars DS
    Need to move the PS2 back into the living room so I can resume We Love Katamari and Ico.
  • jaek wrote on 8 Apr '06, 18:01 report
    Battlefield 2
    Solitaire
    Splinter Cell
  • peregrin wrote on 8 Apr '06, 19:01 report
    Flesh Feast. you run around shooting and beating zombies. its great
  • deep square leg wrote on 8 Apr '06, 19:38 report
    Fallacy Of Dawn by Robb Sherwin.

The puzzles are pretty ho-hum, but the writing is OK and I haven't stopped playing it yet so it mustn't be too bed.
  • fallon wrote on 9 Apr '06, 15:14 report
    Streets Of Rage 3

Multiple story paths, the badguy from SOR 1 reduced to a brain in a jar, violence, rad Yuzo Koshiro music.

Perfect.
  • triple f wrote on 10 Apr '06, 14:55 report
    Black is shit. All shiny graphics, no gameplay, sluggish controls. I completed the first level and haven't played it since.

Katamari Damacy, now there's a game.
  • random poster wrote on 10 Apr '06, 14:58 report
    really disappointed with perfect dark zero.

the lack of unlockables and dearth of multiplayer options is almost enough to bring me to tears.
  • meathead wrote on 10 Apr '06, 15:01 report
    Black isn't bad, but there's this one bit I can't get past, even on fucken easy.

Sorry to hear about PDZ, RP, though it almost makes me happy that I held off buying a tree-shitty. Kameo: Elements of Power sounds pretty snazzy, though.
  • random poster wrote on 10 Apr '06, 15:05 report
    well the tree shitty itself might be alright in the long run.

i only have one game as i am holding off for a coupla weeks until i have more time to get amongst it.

i really want half life 2. i dont have a pc to run it, is it on xbox?
  • lifelike wrote on 10 Apr '06, 15:34 report
    I played Oblivion the other day on my mates xbox 360, I thought it was pretty cool but I got killed by an ugly looking Orc thing which pissed me off.
  • ugly bob wrote on 10 Apr '06, 16:04 report
    i really want half life 2. i dont have a pc to run it, is it on xbox?

Yup. Also, it's on the back-compat list.

What's wrong with PDZ's multiplayer? I thought the DarkOps gametypes were pretty cool, and most things seem customisable. Their online game finding is a bit annoying, but I think I've been spoilt by Halo 2. You're right about unlockables too - that's what made peferct dark/goldeneye so good.
  • braindead wrote on 10 Apr '06, 16:44 report
    Yeah HL2 is out on xbox, i think it was only released this year. I havent had a chance to test the xbox version but ive been told its a bit buggy.

But i guess anythings better than going out and upgrading bits and pieces of computer for one game. Took my 1gig of RAM to play it without random pauses and lag.
  • random poster wrote on 10 Apr '06, 18:07 report
    What's wrong with PDZ's multiplayer? I thought the DarkOps gametypes were pretty cool, and most things seem customisable. Their online game finding is a bit annoying, but I think I've been spoilt by Halo 2. You're right about unlockables too - that's what made peferct dark/goldeneye so good.

only 6 maps (apparently you can get more, dunno if you have to pay though, none so far have been released however)
    can't customise controls nor your character's appearance (only 6 skins available)
    i am really disappointed by the lack of unlockables - really let down by it. that and this is on a next gen console means i can't give this game more than 4/10.

yet to hook up to x box live. i will though but not yet.
  • random poster wrote on 10 Apr '06, 18:09 report
    oh and can you explain what darkops is. i can't work out what i am meant to do.

i guess i could go and look it up.
  • fallon wrote on 10 Apr '06, 19:53 report
    Flesh Feast. you run around shooting and beating zombies. its great

I used to have this game. Good fun.
  • ugly bob wrote on 10 Apr '06, 20:25 report
    There are a bunch of funky gametypes in darkops (all round based):

Infection: like zombies in halo 2 (one person is 'infected' and has to kill other players, any they kill become 'infected' as well)
    Eradication: standard CS style kill the other team before they kill you
    Onslaught:One team defends an area, the other team attacks. Defenders don't respawn, attackers do
    Sabotage: Haven't played this, but the idea is that the attackers have to damage the property of the defenders (cars etc)

They're a nice change from the standard deathmatch stuff.

Also, the maps are all quite big, but depending on the size of map you choose some stuff will be blocked out, so in effect it's like having lots of maps.

It's not a great game, but I don't mind it. The single player has the weirdest storyline ever, but most of the missions were fun to play. I probably wouldn't bother going through them again though.

I still prefer Halo 2 though
  • random poster wrote on 11 Apr '06, 08:07 report
    i understand the game types but dont get the round based thing or what you do at the start with the $. again i've only been in it twice and all i did was just run around on my own confused, so i'll try again i guess.

looking forward to going backand playing old xslut games
  • wrote on 11 Apr '06, 08:35 report
    After several years of playing Everquest and then World of Warcraft, I have quite playing either. I am a game-free zone at the moment...too many other things upon which to squander my time.
  • ugly bob wrote on 11 Apr '06, 09:13 report
    i understand the game types but dont get the round based thing or what you do at the start with the $. again i've only been in it twice and all i did was just run around on my own confused, so i'll try again i guess.

looking forward to going backand playing old xslut games

You use the money at the start of each round to buys guns, armor et cetera to take in with you.
  • random poster wrote on 11 Apr '06, 09:37 report
    yeah i bought some stuff and then was just running around and couldnt find anyone.
    it was a 2player thing - maybe the may was really big or summink.
  • braindead wrote on 11 Apr '06, 12:57 report
    Currently been getting back into James Bond: Goldeneye Rogue Agent (Gamecube).

It'll never beat Goldeneye64 but oh well.

I need some new Gamecube games, has anyone played From Russia with love yet? I noticed it in the 2 for $50 range at EB Games.
  • mahhrat wrote on 11 Apr '06, 15:18 report
    Currently been getting back into James Bond: Goldeneye Rogue Agent (Gamecube).

It'll never beat Goldeneye64 but oh well.

I need some new Gamecube games, has anyone played From Russia with love yet? I noticed it in the 2 for $50 range at EB Games.

Goldeneye64 was the most highly overrated game in the history of overrated games. FPS on consoles sucks. Multiplayer sports games on consoles rock harder than hard.

Games of the moment: NFS MW (only because it's a complete mind shut-down arcade fun).
    Visual Pinball MAME (for much the same reason)
    Black & White 2

Welande: Interesting to see another Dwarfer giving it away. Was it simply a time thing or, perhaps more like me, you found the $20 a month a series of diminishing returns?
  • wrote on 11 Apr '06, 15:33 report
    Welande: Interesting to see another Dwarfer giving it away. Was it simply a time thing or, perhaps more like me, you found the $20 a month a series of diminishing returns?

Couple of things:

1. WoW was, essentially EQ-lite, which was great for the casual player, but quickly exposed the relatively limited content available for the casual gamer at max level. I maxed my first character quite quickly, wasn't prepared to do large scale 8 hour+ MC raids, etc, so then messed around with alts for a while, but got bored of 'em pretty soon.

2. Computer games are a great way of wasting time (and what is time for, if not to waste?), but in comparison with many other non-virtual ways of wasting time, these games are but a pale shadow. I bought myself a yacht, which takes a chunk of my time, I also seem to have found myself a beautiful lady to be my princess. Things such as these seem, at the moment, significantly more rewarding than the computer games.
  • chaoscore1 wrote on 11 Apr '06, 19:34 report
    Quake 4 - 8/10

Far Cry Instincts Predator - 7.5/10 (not much different than the xbox version)
  • meathead wrote on 11 Apr '06, 20:25 report
    Goldeneye64 was the most highly overrated game in the history of overrated games.

Bullshit - GoldenEye is one of the best games I've ever played, probably only beaten by Super Mario 64.

And I've since learnt that the bit I can't get past in Black is the end of the game.

Means it's lasted about 8 hours.

Pa-fucken-thetic.
  • braindead wrote on 11 Apr '06, 20:54 report
    Yes. Suprised me how quickly the game ended. I played the last level and all i could think was "Is that fucking all?". Although, last level is bloody long.

I'm currently on Black Ops mode. Friggin hard.

Goldeneye64 is also one of my favourite games and i havent played anything yet that could possibly beat it.
  • meathead wrote on 12 Apr '06, 13:24 report
    Yeah that last level is a cunt. I'll get to that last fight, die twice then switch it off, meaning I'll have to go through an hour of shit to get to that same spot again.

Fucken annoying.
  • ugly bob wrote on 12 Apr '06, 15:18 report
    Goldeneye64 was the most highly overrated game in the history of overrated games.

Sounds like someone didn't have any friends to play with.
  • triple f wrote on 12 Apr '06, 15:56 report
    I'm currently playing "Trolling for a Hotdog"
    It's a great web-based game.
  • meathead wrote on 12 Apr '06, 15:57 report
    re: GoldenEye

I liked playing the Facility and going through the whole level just so I could blow up Trevelyen (sp?)/006 with the mines at the end.

That was fun.
  • hobbytim wrote on 12 Apr '06, 16:53 report
    I'm currently playing "Trolling for a Hotdog"
    It's a great web-based game.

i played that one using the syphilis character...

i'm levelling up nicely now that he's having a go at me on msn as well
  • benkl wrote on 15 Apr '06, 12:05 report
    I'm playing Morrowind again, with a new character. The release of Oblivion has gotme excited, so this is in preparation until I get a better Video Card. Can't wait.
  • colin william henry jr wrote on 15 Apr '06, 16:02 report
    playing cs:source : surfmaps
    @ gamespace ..
  • beenerlove wrote on 16 Apr '06, 17:43 report
    mortal kombat 3 is the greatest game ever.
  • will_85 wrote on 16 Apr '06, 18:16 report
    gun xbox

black ps2
  • joanna wrote on 18 Apr '06, 09:59 report
    re: GoldenEye

I liked playing the Facility and going through the whole level just so I could blow up Trevelyen (sp?)/006 with the mines at the end.

That was fun.

I agree, nothing more satisfying then setting those mines around the tanks and setting them off with the rolex. The whole facility level holds many a dear deathmatch memory.
  • mahhrat wrote on 18 Apr '06, 14:53 report
    I count 6 people telling me Goldeneye64 didn't actually suck.

I submit that "Goldeneye Sucks" is the best flamebait ever.

Am playing Evil Genius again. EG is the most awesome premise ever and is up there with Thief as "the greatest games to never get it quite right".
  • beenerlove wrote on 18 Apr '06, 23:21 report
    Currently playing "Hanna Barberas Turbo Toons"
  • braindead wrote on 18 Apr '06, 23:57 report
    Hunter: The Reckoning

Fun game, pretty much a hack/slash/run kinda game. Best bit is when your hacking into 20-odd zombies with a sword/katana and you start hacking their arms, legs and heads off and they still keep coming after you.
  • jaek wrote on 19 Apr '06, 01:09 report
    Still on BF2, kicked arse in a few battles last night on the usual Gamearena servers.

Started Star Wars Academy the other day, not bad but I can't really see myself rushing back to play it once I've clocked it.

Perfect Dark is the best game to play for 6 hours straight on shrooms at a mate's place along with a few brews on a cold winter's night.
  • joanna wrote on 19 Apr '06, 10:26 report
    Ok ok, I'm reluctant to post it as it is a little extreme in the nerd factor but I'm playing Dragon Quest at the moment of the PS2. I'm really surprised as to why it never got a PAL release in the past considering this is the 8th game in a long line of splended traditional RPG action. My only gripe with an otherwise enjoyable romp is the music getting a little repetitive but meh, that's the same with almost every Japanese RPG ever invented.
  • triple f wrote on 19 Apr '06, 12:27 report
    Am playing Evil Genius again. EG is the most awesome premise ever and is up there with Thief as "the greatest games to never get it quite right".

Crap, I forgot about that. It's sitting on my harddrive. Played it a bit, loved it, but screwed myself up early. Decided to have a break before playing it again and never got back to it. I'll have to pencil that in after Oblivion, Katamari Damacy, Kingdom Hearts 2 and Shadow of the Colossus.

Also, Dragon's Quest VIII is very very cool. I too am amazed it didn't get a PAL release. Same with Katamari.
  • random poster wrote on 19 Apr '06, 13:06 report
    can u explain to me the virtue of kingdom hearts?
  • mahhrat wrote on 19 Apr '06, 13:35 report
    EG is one of those games that would have benefitted greatly from being more random. Having the same map each time sucks.

The whole tourist idea is dumb.

The traps are not anywhere near as effective as they should be. If I get someone into a poison gas trap, they should die from it. End of story.

If I capture an enemy agent, I should be able to get him to turn to my side sometimes. There is no real incentive to interrogate prisoners unless they're special minion types.

Why can't I guard every door I want to? ATM you need to build fake doors that go nowhere to put someone near a door you want someone watching.
  • triple f wrote on 19 Apr '06, 15:05 report
    can u explain to me the virtue of kingdom hearts?

No. It's cutesy japanese RPG combined with cutesy disney characters, in an interesting tale of lost love and other vomitworthy stuff.

I should hate it. But I don't.
  • random poster wrote on 19 Apr '06, 15:29 report
    yeah but what is good about it?
    it seems to feature a fair bit on peep's fave lists and so forth.
    there must be something to it (gameplay wise) other than vacuous teen themes of love and warped disney animation.
    is it addictive? if yes why?
  • mahhrat wrote on 19 Apr '06, 15:45 report
    Without having played the game, I'd say its' addictive in the same way that Neighbours can be.
  • enzyme wrote on 19 Apr '06, 17:19 report
    Oblivion (gave up WoW for it)
    CoD2
    BF2
    Heroes of the Pacific
    Pacific Fighters
    FEAR
    Quake $
    Doom3
SHARE ON
FACEBOOK
SHARE ON